Originally posted on pindanpost:
Rod’s reaction was to grab his shovel and “whack it on the head”.
As soon as he was done with the snake, he called an ambulance, grabbed a beer from the fridge and sat down.
“I said to myself, if I’m going to cark it I’m going to have a beer, so I got a Goldie out of the fridge and drank that; ’cause you know eastern browns are the second most venomous snake in the world,” Rod said
Rod’s teenage son was on the couch and slept through the whole thing because Rod didn’t want to wake him and make anyone panic.
“If you panic it makes it worse,” he said.
Well, I suppose the beer helps you stay calm.
The alcohol would have made it worse, increasing the blood-flow metabolism. A pressure bandage on the whole limb is the recognized method! The allergic reaction he had to the anti-venom meant he has a much longer hospital stay.